Natural remedies to stop smoking?

My husband is 26 years old and hes been smoking before we met in 2003. i think since he was 16 or so. He smokes a pack a week and he says he cant stop because everyone stresses him out from me to his job (army) we did go to one smoking cessation class but he never went back to the follow up because he is lazy. He tries to quit but he starts to over eat and gain weight. He is supposed to be working out and getting back into shape (not that he is over weight) but he doesnt go to the gym on base. we are a natural family that buys alot of organic food and products and i dont want him on any medication or those gums for smoking because regardless it has nicotine. His side of the faily has heart problems and one of the meds say dont take if there is a history of heart problems in family. I would like some ideas on what to do. I keep hearing people getting lung cancer and it scares me. he is only 26 years old. CONT..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• we have two daughters ages 3 1/2 and 5 years old and one more on the way next April.
    Anonymous

• WELL I HAD A FRIEND WHO WENT AND BOUGHT A HUGE BAG OF JOLLY RANCHERS AND EVERYTIME HE FELT HE NEEDED A CIGARETTE HE WOULD EAT ONE INSTEAD I AM A SMOKER AND HAVE NOT PERSONALLY TRYED TO QUIT SO I WOULDNT KNOW BUT IT WORKED FOR HIM I ALSO HEARD ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY THEY WOULD DO THE SAME THING BUT WITH GUM JUST A SUGGESTION HOPE IT HELPS
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2009