Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what kind of humififier should i get?

my daughter has a runny nose and i would like to know your recommendations. cool mist,warm mist ect.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (5)
  • cool mist
    warm mist can harbor bacteria and allow them to multiply and then it gets shot up into the air

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

  • I use the vicks warm mist with my son, it seems to work wonders with him. I just use the steam, I have heard that the vicks stuff you put in it can cause them to wheeze.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

  • A cute cool mist one. I got my 18 year old son a frog one when he had to have surgery on his nose and it was a hit. If you have to have one it may as well be cute.

    Answer by Gailll at 2:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

  • Just do the research and make sure it's a good quality humidifier and designed for the size room that you have. Then be sure to clean often. I have a warm, cool and ultrasonic one. I like the warm becuase I can tell it's working. I use it when it's cold out. I use the cool during the summers. Both work well, but the warm get the room more humid, which I like. The ultrasonic is too small for my room, but does well in the smaller rooms.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

  • COOL MIST! they say NOT to use the vicks ones on babies.

    Answer by momtopreemie521 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.