what kind of humififier should i get?

my daughter has a runny nose and i would like to know your recommendations. cool mist,warm mist ect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cool mist
    warm mist can harbor bacteria and allow them to multiply and then it gets shot up into the air
    Anonymous

• I use the vicks warm mist with my son, it seems to work wonders with him. I just use the steam, I have heard that the vicks stuff you put in it can cause them to wheeze.
    Anonymous

• A cute cool mist one. I got my 18 year old son a frog one when he had to have surgery on his nose and it was a hit. If you have to have one it may as well be cute.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Just do the research and make sure it's a good quality humidifier and designed for the size room that you have. Then be sure to clean often. I have a warm, cool and ultrasonic one. I like the warm becuase I can tell it's working. I use it when it's cold out. I use the cool during the summers. Both work well, but the warm get the room more humid, which I like. The ultrasonic is too small for my room, but does well in the smaller rooms.

http://www.allergybegone.com/warmisvscool.html
    Anonymous

• COOL MIST! they say NOT to use the vicks ones on babies.
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2009