• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone had the Novasure procedure done???

I'm scheduled to get it done the 13th and I'm starting to get nervous. Seems like every post says how painful it is. I was just wondering if you've had it done, did it hurt really bad and was it worth it??
Thanks a bunch.

drpepper73

Asked by drpepper73 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• I had mine done Sept 21st. Yes it was extremely painful for me. It was done in the office under local anesthetic. My sister had it done but she was put under. I haven't had any heavy periods, I feel much better now. The only symptoms of my cycle were bloating and a little cramping. I'm glad I had it done. I don't have to buy overnight pads anymore. My period was so heavy I couldn't leave the house. If you're nervous maybe talk to your Dr. about being put completely under. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me anytime! GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I decided not to get it done because my doctor said it wouldn't take away any of the severe pains I have with the bleeding. I was more worried about the pain during my periods then the bleeding. I thought about it and it seemed a little unnatural anyway. You are cauterizing(burning) the inside of your uterus. Hell yes that's going to hurt.
    Anonymous

• I had HTA (hydrothermal ablation) done a couple of weeks ago. My doctor uses general anesthetic for both HTA and Novasure, and does it along with a D&C. She usually does HTA over Novasure because HTA will reach every part of the uterus and Novasure just burns out the spot where the mesh triangle reaches. I woke up feeling great and only had some cramping the first day. Will you be under general?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I had it done last November.It only hurt for about 2 weeks.Mine unfortunately failed and i am now 3 weeks out from a hysterectomy.Even though i am still in pain i am so happy to finally have it over with. My uterus was the size of a 5 month pregnancy and i was always in pain. Good luck to you
    dennygirl69

Answer by dennygirl69 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• No I won't be under any anesthetic, just some vicodin and percoset. This is why I'm starting to get worried. Thanks for sharing your stories with me.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Yikes, I would be worried about doing it without general, too. Try checking this out.  http://www.endometrialablationdiscussion.com/  It's a discussion board for EA and they can probably answer your questions better than anyone here can. Good luck with whatever you do! 

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Thanks everyone and thanks Julie...that site has helped alot. :)
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 4, 2009