Who taught your kid to tie a shoe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I taught my stepson! My son is still learning how to....it takes time! Missanc, you make me wonder if my ss mom was okay with that, she never said anything and she wasn't working on it with him....oh well....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Me! all three!

Answer by older at 2:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• We were trying to teach him but he just wasn't getting it. Then one day he came from from pre-school and a little friend there had taught him. Boom -- just like that.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I tried to teach both my son and daughter. My son had a really hard time with it, I got frustrated and he was frustrated. My husband had to take over.
    Anonymous

• I was a single mom when they were in preschool - so their sitter taught them, which I hate because she taught them differently than I would have. But there are things that I have to let go . . . and that's one of them.

Answer by missanc at 2:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Spongebob. Just loop-de-loop and pull! Ok, maybe not. I taught her, but we sang the Spongebob Loop De Loop song while learning.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• She watched people tie their shoes and one day was like "look I did it!" She hasn't mastered tightening the laces though so I do them for school.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I taught them.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My neighbors son!!! He taught my son when he was 7 and did so in a matter of 15 minutes. I paid the kids $5 (the boy was 12 at the time and I was so happy, the $5 was worth it!!)

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No one. He is 2. Hopefully my husband will though. I can't get the kid to count yet. He says 1,2,,8,9,10,11 and thinks its good.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2009