do i have to invite in-law family that i don't talk to to my shower???

i didn't invite "all" of them to my bridal shower and got hell - family relations haven't been the same ever since.... so am i supposed to invite them "all" to my baby shower now? i don't talk to them.... and they don't even like me. i don't "want" them there, but i feel like a bi*** if i don't at leastttt invite the immediate??? what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow, you have to ask this question? What do you think?
    Anonymous

• I just responded to the last post
    but I say if your iin charge of the quest list then invite ppl you can have fun with or who are enjoyable to be around
    last thing you want is to ruin your day and babies day just because their going to be upset later

maybe if they want to attend a shower then you can have a little get together thats not the real shower and have your hubby in attendence to keep thm from bothering you
    Anonymous

• i posted the second anon response...sorry...that was an accident
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You don't have to send invites to them. Chances are if you do send invites to them they either won't come, or they'll re-hash the wedding shower incident.
    Anonymous

• If it was your birthday party I would say no, but I think you should because the baby shower is for the baby more then the mom. Regardless of how you get along with them or not, they are still your babies family.
    If you really don't want to invite them, could you maybe have another "welcome the baby" shower after the baby is born just for family?
    Anonymous

• You dont "have" to invite anybody you dont want to
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You don't have to but to have peace & not a big blow up I would invite them. Hopefully if they feel same as you they won't come.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 3:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• The baby shower is for you. Not them. Certain people came to my shower who bascially did everything they could to ruin it because we didn't hold it in their town hours away from my family and friends. When that didn't work they went behind my back to my DH and told him lie upon lie. Things haven't been the same since. Your in-laws sound a lot like them. If you all don't even speak, there is no reason to invite them.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• inlaws???? what does ur husband have to say about i havent seen anybody mention the husband? does he feel the same way towards them like you do??? if he feels strongly about them coming than i would invite them for his sake even if i didnt like them....but if he agrees with u then let them stay home its ur shower...but ask for his opinion before u go jumpin the gun...last thing u need when bringing a baby in the world is problems between ur man and his family and between u two
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't. I'm not inviting ANY of my husbands family! They have put my husband myself and my family through HELL!!!
    Anonymous