How can i increase my milk supply?

My 3 month old baby girrl is going throught that growth spur right now and it seems like she eats every 10 min. I need help i feel like she isnt getting enough, any ideas?

LuvMy2Minis

Asked by LuvMy2Minis at 2:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• actaallythe best way to increase supply is to nurse. dont worry they only last few days.. how are diapers that isn theonly way to know if she is getting enough. so if she ishaving 6-8 a day she is fine.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Mother's Milk Tea and granola in some yogurt seemed to do the trick for me, plus it's a great snack! People say oatmeal, but I don't like oatmeal, I do like granola and it's the same stuff, just crunchy! Nurse, nurse, nurse and LOTS of water! This will only last a few days like the other PP said.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Her nursing will make you make more milk. She may not get all she wants some days. Thats the way its supposed to be. She will then nurse more so the breasts make more and then everything is back to being 'normal.'

Its even OK for a baby to not get enough milk for a few days. What if you are very ill. You will still make milk but you might not make as much. Your baby will be OK. The baby has fat and fluid stores.

Think about babies in disasters. Moms may not have enough food and water but the breastfeeding babies do OK.

Try to believe in the process of breastfeeding.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Just nurse her. Nothing you need do other than that.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2009