6 mo old symptoms, bright green poop, screaming at night, advice?

My baby is one week short of 6 mo. So yesterday we tried Gerber baby carrots. She loves them. But the same day she had a bright green poop. And during the night she woke up screaming- which isnt that unusual because she still wakes up three times during the night to eat, but she usually just whines a little. But last night she was screaming. I guess my question is, could she be allergic to the carrots? What would cause bright green poop? Other than that shes happy and seems fine today. Not sure what to do.

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 2:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The carrots probably turned her poop green. She isn't allergic so much as that is a lot of fiber and probably made her gassy. Pull back and give her the last veggie for a week then try carrots again. Maybe just a couple tablespoons.
    Anonymous

• probably. i say dont do carrots for a week or so and try again. if it happens then is the carrots
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• high iron causes green and black poop and lots of gas
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My son did the same thing with potatoes of any kind and sweet potatoes. No more carrots for at least a couple of months.
    Anonymous

• Are you breastfeeding her, too?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• when you feed your
    6month-old pureed carrot,
    the contents of her next nappy will be bright orange not bright green!
    now if your breastfeeding, it wouldn't cause bright green stools at all green poop means
    their not getting the high calorie milk out of your breast let your little one nurse longer
    on one side till completely done then poop will be back to a normal stool
    It could possibly praying that it isn't a classic symptom of digestive problems
    I am not a doctor, call the doc ask if you can use Baby Gas Drop's Rub ..i do with my little ones
    The little one's....
    Tummy,Keep an eye on the little bundle it might not be nothing.Is it runny poop?
    Take her to the doc if you are worried .....

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2009