How do you keep your dog smelling fresh?

I have a foster dog, a poodle and she stinks after going outdoors. I am going to buy wipes and dog spray from Petsmart when I get to town but right now I'm spraying her and the furniture with downey and water. How do you keep your house fresh smelling with a dog in the house? My chihuahua never has an odor...

Momchipomkids

Asked by Momchipomkids at 2:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pets

• Sorry, but dogs stink. Either bathe her more or get over it. Check her ears to make sure they aren't infected.
    Anonymous

• Some dogs smell nice all the time and some dogs seem to stink no matter what you do. I would give the dog a bath. Downey may not be good for her. The organization you are fostering for may have someone that will groom the dog for free or they will pay for it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You can get groomers spray at the pet store.
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 4:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I work at a vet clinic as an assistant groomer, so I take my dog in once a week or every other week for a bath. We've got a hydro-surge thing, it sprays like a removable shower head, and it's pressurized. All we have to do is put a squirt of shampoo in the tub, turn on the pump and start spraying; it gets all the way down to the skin and gets them super clean!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Fresh smelling dogs:  many times a good food and supplement will help a yeast odor.

also, miracle coat waterless Dog Foam - use a baby wipe and a small amount of this foam... Oh, so nice smelling for days.

A great skin and coat vitamin can help get rid of doggie smells: see here

: ( stop all the shedding , too)

http://www.apluspetcare.com/untitled4.html

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 7:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Please don't spray the Dog with Chemicals (Yes, downy is a Chemical!)
    You could be causing the Dog long term skin issues!

If she has a lengthy coat have it cut, Sometimes the coat can be "stained" with a Bad smell (It happened with my cat awhile back...we had a Groomer trim her up and the smell was Gone!

If that doesn't work they make a Doggy safe perfume spray that they sell at places like petsmart...I dont know the name off hand but it works get on my beagle (He gets stink fast as well).

Anonymous