What's wrong with my stove range? It heats up but not hot enough...

All four burners do the same thing. We just moved into a new house, and I haven't been able to cook yet. I had a pot of water on the burner on high and it took an hour just to get hot but never would boil. So I had to cook macaroni in the microwave. :(

Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? Or how I can fix it?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 2:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It might be wired wrong. Have your hubby or SO check the plug on the back. You may need a different one. If you're renting call your landlord and have them check it out. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Sounds like it might be dead. Having no experience with electric ranges, I have no idea what to tell you. I would *think* there would be some sort of heating element or thermometer that could be checked or replaced, but I don't know for sure. I only cook with gas.
    Anonymous

• sounds like its not getting enough electricity for some reason. maybe the plug is bad? Is it hardwired or plugged into an outlet? if its got a bad plug you can replace that. they sell those. its not hard to do. it comes w/ instructions. if its the outlet, its a bit tricky but still do-able. do you have someone that can test the voltage coming out of the outlet?
    Anonymous