Is that safe?

My friends kid who is 7yo with a bone deficiency so he's about 5yo size, rides in the front seat of her mustang convertible with no booster. Is that safe? Airbag?
Is that legal? I know if you are in a two seater truck it's different, but idk. Could she get a ticket?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not safe and not legal.
    Anonymous

• hmm idk i wouldnt do it my moms dumb ass friend has been letting her 5 month old ride in the front seat since she was born,,,people like thta irritate me
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• In our state its not recommended for a child under 12 to ride in front but its NOT illegal. However, its not legal to go w/out a booster. Think you have to be 8 yrs old.
    Anonymous

• In NC it's the law that you have to be in at least a booster seat until age 8. And I think it's the law that under 12 has to ride in the backseat. Even if it's not the law, it's definitely recommended. For people under 5'2", it is not recommended to ever ride in the front seat with an airbag because if there were a collision, then the airbag would cause more damage than not having one.

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My daughter is almost 8, and sometimes she rides in the front seat. Mostly when she's sick. But then I put the seat all the way back, and lay it down some. We have to go through gates to get on post, and no one has ever said anything. I'm sure cops have seen her, and I haven't been pulled over.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Front seats aren't safe with airbags, my friend snapped both her ankles from an airbag. I'm not putting my kid in the front seat. Why does your kid need to sit in the front seat when she's sick? Tilting the seat back is unsafe and illeagal also. It tells you why in your owners manual.
    Anonymous

• So, since I'm only 4'11", I should never ride in the front seat? lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Maybe I should get a booster seat! lmao
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Seriously, they just passed a law out here if you are under the age of 18 and are under a certain height and weight you must have a seat.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2009