Is anyone addictied to Oxycontin?

How do you deal? Have you been able to get clean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• I saw a report about it. It starts with prescription for pain and then the patient gets addicted to painkillers.

Like any other addiction there must be professional intervention to treat it.
    Anonymous

• no i am not i have known people who were...People that get addicted to drugs or anything else are week minded and week people in general! you know the consequences of drugs so why be a stupid person...BASH AWAY LADIES!
    Anonymous

• That is a scary addiction because it's basically heroin. If you are hooked get medical detox, it's not as painful as cold turkey due to withdrawls. It's gonna be hard but many have stopped.
    Anonymous

• anon 257 do your homework, people with cancer get addicted to painkillers, their bodies get dependent on the drug. Sometimes people who are addicted don't realize until they are deep in it. Many great minds have battled with addiction.Obviously you are speaking on a subject in which you have no true knowledge of. The only weak minded are the one's who only see things one way.
    Anonymous

• hahahahaahhahahah anon1:01
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I've had it prescribed and I can see how it can be addicting.
    Anonymous

• I think, from what I recall, a Dr. offered it to me once for pain, and he told me the potential of addiction, and I turned it down. I didn't want to take the chance.
    Anonymous