what have u heard about swine flu vaccine?

What have you heard about the swine flu vaccine and what is the controversy all about with it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• look it up under frequently asked questions...
    Anonymous

• H1N1 Flu vax Package Insert Info. from Novartis: Oct. 21,
    "Specific levels of...antibody post- (after) vaccination with inactivated influenza virus vaccine have NOT been correlated with protection from influenza illness. In some human studies, antibody titer of ≥1:40 have been associated with protection from influenza illness in up to 50% of subjects. "

ref: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM112904.pdf

(++++ What this says, in PLAIN language, is that developing an H1N1 antibody after getting an H1N1 vaccination has NO correlation with not getting sick. And that a sizable antibody level (i.e. 1:40 or greater) only protects UP TO 50% of people from getting the flu.-Dr.S. Tenpenny.) http://drtenpenny.com/default.aspx

Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• no offense thank u for ur help autumn but i dont want any ifo comin from a website with gov in it i dont trust our gov to begin with
    Anonymous

• My cousin is a doctor with a friend who's an infectious disease specialist. I poked around ont he same topic with them. According to the specialist, the vaccine is made using the same process as the regular flu vaccine. Thus, any concerns would be the same as for a regular flu shot. If you haven't worried about them, there's nothing to worry about here either. In fact, had the virus been discovered a couple of months earlier, it woudl have been included in the seasonal flu vaccine for this year and none of this discussion would be taking place. The one caveat is that children under 10 need two doses for full effectiveness. If you can get only one, it will still help (a likely problem given the scarcity of the vaccine currently).
    Anonymous

• At first I was against the h1n1 shot because I felt we didnt know enough about it -- but last week we got it --

Although I know that everyone who has died from the swine flu, had some other medical condition, it was just scary ....My aunt is on life support right now ( they dont think she will make it until tomorrow) because she has "swine flu" but she also has pnemonia (sp) ...

Also...from what I understand, they arent even testing for the h1n1 virus right away - they are jsut treating anyone with the flu-like symptoms as if they do have it, because it takes like 3 days to get the reults and by then the meds wont work....

Here, is you have flu symptoms, we just have to call the dr and tell them, and they send us a prescription, so we dont have to go out.....so if me and my kids do start to cough or whatever, i am calling it in asap.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• FDA...doesn't have any fact's if it protects against this flu for children under 6 months -4 years old
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2009