Hairloss after birth...help

I am losing my hair!! I gave birth in June and now my hair is thining...I read that it is normal ....anyone else have this experience? Any suggestion? I am still taking Materna vitamins to help but this is scary!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Health

• OMG I had my baby in June too and this past week I have lost handfuls of hair daily. Taking a shower is the worst! When I wash my hair I usually stop up the drain, and when I dry my hair the floor is covered in hair! You are not alone!!! I hate it.
    AustinPsalm139

Answer by AustinPsalm139 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Because pregnancy hormones do not let you 'shed' hair, you accumulate it all thru your pregnancy...so when you are normally supposed to shed 10+ hairs on a daily basis, that's a lot of hair to shed once the hormones go away. It's normal and will slow in time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My daughter was born back in March. She is seven months old now and my shedding is just now starting to slow. You are not going to lose all of your hair. I promise. It's perfectly natural and will eventually stop.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009