does crampiness often accompany dilation/effacement?

I have heard this, and I myself had really bad period like ache, cramps, backache, etc right before I had dilated to 1cm and baby dropped, so I'm curious?

For me, I have a mild achiness everyday, but this is only the second time I've had the "I'm having a bad period" feeling, with severe achiness, cramps, back-ache, and this time even leg cramping. I'll find out for sure Thursday if I'm progressing, but I'm curious about whether or not the crampiness is often related to it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ha Ha.... it will only get worse.. much worse. Labor feels like the worst cramps you will ever experience My Dear.
    Anonymous

• I never had any vaginal exams with my pregnancies. But crampiness can be pretty normal in pregnancy.
    You don't need to get your cervix checked, it doesn't tell you any useful information.
    But if you're really determined, you can check yourself, too.
    Just be sure your mind is strong and you are aware that what you find is irrelevant.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Hey when aree you due..... also i talked with m y ob and he said the bad cramps can associate with dilation but they would need to be pretty bad i have this also so im hoping to go in thursday and see if i progressed too..
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2009