My 14 month old doesn't want to go to bed at night! Is this normal for his age group?

He is 14 months old, and has started not wanting to take both of his naps, and not wanting to go to bed at night. I dropped a nap, and now that part is better, but he still won't go to bed as early as he should!

MommyHannah

Asked by MommyHannah at 3:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, according to some moms here, that means he's a genius! LMFAO
    Anonymous

• What does that mean?
    MommyHannah

Answer by MommyHannah at 4:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Oh, sorry MommyHannah. On another post, they said that kids who don't sleep much are smarter than kids who do. It was nothing against you or your little one.
    Anonymous

• I have a 14 month old boy and I have noticed his sleeping patterns starting to change. He's only taking one nap a day now instead of two. I use to have trouble putting him to sleep at a decent hour until I started just having the lights all turned off and having scilence in the room. So, in the room it's pretty much pitch black and quiet which is a signal to him that it's time to sleep and he does. Maybe you can figure out some kind of "signal" for him to understand that it's nighttime so that he get's that he has to sleep.
    scali001

Answer by scali001 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Anonymous-I just wasn't sure what you meant by that. I've read that the more sleep children get, the smarter they are, and the less likely to be obesse. I guess it depends on where you read things. Haha!
    MommyHannah

Answer by MommyHannah at 2:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• scali001- I guess this might be something common for their age group then? We have the bedtime routine down pretty well, so maye this is just some stage he will out grow! Last night was better though! Thanks for your input!!!
    MommyHannah

Answer by MommyHannah at 2:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2009