What size would I be?

I will be a bridesmaid in a wedding in 2011, and I'm working on losing weight for it. I'm 5'8" and would like to get down to 160 lbs. About what size would that put me at? I'm currently at 200, and wear a 14.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 10 lbs to drop an inch so depending on the style and brand, maybe a 10
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Well, just remember that bridesmaid/wedding dresses are usually sized smaller than regular dresses.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Don't forget that bridesmaid sizes are waaay different than normal sizes. My sisters are both around a size 2 and they were a size 8 or 10 in bridesmaid sizes!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Keep working at it and i'm sure you will be able to fit in a 8. Good luck
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Danielp--are you reading my mind? lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You're 200 lbs and you wear a size 14? You must be SMASHED into a size 14, bc I'm 157 lbs and I wear a size 14.
    Anonymous

• Ummm anon--are you 5'8"? Height makes a huge difference and not to mention different body types. Wow, people on here are so damn rude.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Nope, not smashed. I'm 5'8" doll...just bought some new 14s at Target yesterday.
    Thanks ladies! I know that the dress sizes run a bit smaller, but I was wondering just in general what size that would be.
    Anonymous

• anon- you can quit being a bitch now. k? i weigh 135 am 5'6 and am a sz 6. at 190ish (even a little bigger) i was a 14, at my absolute heaviest, i was an 18. everyone carries weight differently, and some of us have muscles under the fat- which weighs more. if you're so insecure, why don't you go pick on someone who deserves it? go find another troll, and roll around in the mud under your bridge.

hon, i have no idea... but i think if you lost 20ish lbs, you could easily get into a 8-10. drop the refined sugar- and the weight'll melt off. when i decided to drop the weight, i quit eating sweets (and refined sugar of any kind) and dropped 20 lbs just on that alone.

good luck!!! i'm sure you'll be beautiful- don't make the bride jealous!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• wow it depends on how and where she is carring the weight..im 5'4 133 and wear a size 3 but im also top heavy im a 36DD....and even some of my size 3s fit really loose

as for op i wouldnt buy a dress till closer to the big day and everyone loses weight differently i lost 25 lbs and dropped from a 12 to a 3....but keep at it to lose the weight but if you dont get the size you want remember all bodies are beautiful regardless of size and shape
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2009