information of divorce in NJ?

How long does it take?
What if i got married in a diff state, can i get divorced here in NJ?
What are the steps and fastest way to get it done?

Mrs.Oriaku

Asked by Mrs.Oriaku at 3:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Here is a website

http://www.njlawnet.com/njlawreview/divorceoverview.html

I see that one of you have to have lived in NJ for a year. It doesn't matter where you got married.
    You may have to have grounds. It would be fastest if both of you wanted the divorce and agreed on everything.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I live in NJ. You can't kick out partner, at least husband, even if he's rude as all get out and emotionally abusive without a court order. At least if you own a home. Take a telephone book or go on martindale hubble (hubbard?) and search family law matrimonial law. In a phone book look on lawyer's/law firms' websites. A lot give great information, especially websites of lawyers/law firms for helpful information. There's a lawyer in Warren NJ, don't know where you live but he only does matrimonial law. In North Jersey is a law firm of women. Also elsewhere women lawyers' firms exist. Google New Jersey magazines and there are some with best lawyers in NJ. A friend told me I had to have a lawyer in my county for a divorce. That's not true. If you live in NJ you file or respond with a lawyer in NJ.

Good luck! Be sure to behave and don't be vindictive no matter husband's attitude actions. NJ is run bybunch good boys.
    Anonymous