DOES THE EPIDURAL HAVE SIDE EFFECTS AFTER ITS REMOVED?

I HEARD THAT WHEN ITS COLD YOU GET REALLY BAD BACKACHES

_MORENA_

Asked by _MORENA_ at 3:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes and some suffer from"spinal" headaches many months after. I do not know first hand, had ALL 4 of mine epi free
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Some people get headaches or backaches regularly after the epi... but MOST people have no complications at all. My epi went in with no problem, did it's job, came out with no problem & I don't regret having one at all.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I had the Epi with my daughter back in September and I had no side effects. But everyine is different.. I would not be to concerned even a bottle of aspirin has side effects written on the bottle SOmetimes I think it is really to cover the but. Just in Case
    Anonymous

• I had my baby on 9-9-07 and I had the epi and I havent had any side effects at all.
    monkeygirl1280

Answer by monkeygirl1280 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I didn't care for it. My back has hurt ever since plus I didn't find it benifical in reducing my pain at all! I prefer the stadol!
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 5:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Mine took a while (about 7 hours as opposed to the normal hour or two) to wear off in my left leg because I stayed laying on my left side for too long. They never told me I should switch sides every hour or so. But I thank the heavens above for it, I'm not a big fan of pain and if I can do something to make it go away I will.
    depsiua

Answer by depsiua at 6:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2008