Horribly TMI- Hubby's Butt Stink

Let me start out by saying that my DH has good hygiene. He washes himself every day and we keep wipies by the toilets for after-poop. The thing is he's kind of a sweaty guy and gets what he refers to as "swamp ass". (Super attractive, I know.) Its always bothered me, but- really- how much can you talk about this? The thing is- it seems to be getting somewhat worse with age (gross!) and now I'm pregnant and I can't take the smell at all anymore. Every time we have sex I end up gagging (no real oral has happened in--- months?). Beyond the extreme grossness of that, I'm now realizing the smell I can't get out of the chair in our room is his "swamp ass" and and now that I realize what it is, I smell it all over the couch too. (Mind you, as a SAHM I work so hard to keep the house nice, but nothing seems to take this smell out.) (continued)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Get this

http://www.monkamoo.com/Intermediate%20Product%20Pages/Intermediate%20Graphics/Anti%20Monkey%20Butt/ambpowder.jpg

Anonymous

• So my questions are (1) how do I talk to him about this without being totally humiliating (2) any ideas on how to get the smell out of where it already is, short of professional cleaning, and (3) any one have any suggestions on how to fix or manage this problem? (I can't even think about it much without wanting to vomit.)

Sorry for the sever grossness, but- HELP!
    Anonymous

• Is he sitting in the chair bare-a$$? I hope not! That has got to stop!

I suggest you put him in the bathtub before sex to get rid of the "swamp-ass".
    Anonymous

• Thank you!! I thought my SO was the only one, haha.
    it bugs me so bad, but I CANT say anything - I feel like it's crossing a line and would seriously offend him. I'll be checking back to see if anyone has any ideas....

Anonymous

• Maybe try soaking chair in lysol then blow dry it with fan on it? Or febreeze it after putting baking soda on it and leaving overnight or a day or two to absorbe odor. Try suggesting hubby salutes his feet after a shower and throws some corn starch south to absorb odors. Maybe keep sometowels as bt butt towels for him to wipe between his cheeks every day. leave them in a special place. Good Luck mama!!!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• As far as taking the smell out of furniture, fabreeze? I don't really know. It may not be that it is getting worse but that your sense of smell is heightened due to pregnancy. As far as talking to him about it, IDK. I would probably just explain to him that while preggers you can smell better than a K-9 and that it is really bothering you. There are several good after shower Talc's that he could try. They would absorb the sweat and manage the smell. He could also try a Female Odor spray. I know that he may not like that idea but they work and I am not sure that they make them for men. Good luck.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Thhhaaannnnkkkk you! I thought I was the only one who dealt with this! My SO also showers every day, but the smell from down there can get pretty funky! I don't know what it is, he isn't as forthcoming as your DH, who is able to coin the term swamp ass! Yea Febreze is what I usually turn to. I'll ve checking your question to see if anyone comes up with some good starters for the Honey-your-butt-stinks-to-the point-that-I-want-to-vomit convo!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but I laughed so hard when I read "swamp ass"! That sounds just like my DH. I thought no one could sweat like him. I can only suggest what PP did with Lysol or Febreeze. Maybe baths instead of showers to clean the swamp ass better, especially before sex.

I know how hard it is to smell stink like that when you're pregnant. My DH used to make me vomit with some of his odors when I was pregnant. One of the worst things though was the back hair and dirt on the toilet seat from him doing #2. I had morning sickness day and night so I'd see it when I was inches away from the bowl getting sick and that would only make it worse.

Good luck to you. I hope you can get rid of that smell and the nausea!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• *dirt from his job. He is good about showering but has a very dirty job. Should have added that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• In the restaurant business they call it "Monkey butt" because how much they sweat it just causes chaffing not a smell. Maybe your DH is not cleaning himself well after using the restroom.
    Anonymous