adalayde

what do you think of this name?Adalayde. Lady for short. last name Dahl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nooooooooooooooo.
    Anonymous

• im an actress and its from my favorite musical "guys and dolls"
    Anonymous

• oh my goodness no! thats beyond ugly im sorry but i hae to be honest
    Anonymous

• I'd go with the original spelling, Adelaide. The spelling you have there looks more like some sort of prescription medicine or chemical ingredient, like an Aldehyde.

I love the name itself, old fashioned, lots of nickname potential (Addy, Adele, Della, etc.). But I'd shy away from the nickname of Lady, though, it's more of a name you'd give a dog or cat.
    Anonymous

• Adelaide is a very old feminine name and I love it, but with the proper spelling. It's seems wrong to choose such a traditional name and then use such a non traditional spelling.

I do not like the nickname Lady at all...it sounds like a dog.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• hmm, well i hate the idea of spelling names wrong. when i looked up adalayed it came up that it was a proper way to spell it....adelaide seems medicinal to me like first aid!
    Anonymous

• "I'd go with the original spelling, Adelaide. The spelling you have there looks more like some sort of prescription medicine or chemical ingredient, like an Aldehyde.

I love the name itself, old fashioned, lots of nickname potential (Addy, Adele, Della, etc.). But I'd shy away from the nickname of Lady, though, it's more of a name you'd give a dog or cat. "

My EXACT thoughts lol! I was just going to say something ahout that spelling looking like a prescription drug, funny.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Adelaide I'm with the other poster, use the correct spelling.
    Anonymous

• I thought the title to this post was the name of a medicine! lol seriously. And a nickname of "Lady"? If you want the poor child to get made fun of then go for it!
    Anonymous

• Lady is my dogs name... If you are going to go with this name I'd go with the original spelling because I thought you were asking about a medicine!
    Anonymous