I dont understand why the rude answer in my post. Why cant people have some self control? Also repost mormon mission care package

I asked yesterday about advice on what to send a mormon missionary on his mission.
I had recieved an anon reply telling me to send him anal lube.
Why be so rude? I understand some may think that is funny but geeze cant you have some self control when someone is asking a real question?

I thought I would ask again maybe get some new replies.

My husbands cousin has just left for his mission trip to chilie(sp?) right now he is in Provo Utah for some class. LOL Im wonder what would be good things to put in a care package for him ?
He is going to be gone for 2 years,
I just want some good ideas of what to send him to make the distance a little more bareable.
We are a very close family so everyone is trying to do their part.
Thanks for any tips. I am just not to sure I was raised catholic and married in the mormon family.
Thanks again for any advice :)

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When I served a mission the things that meant the most to me were goodies I couldnt find anywhere else. Homemade tapes of how things were going with my family instead of just a written letter, was just great hearing their voices...less homesick.
    Music that is on the "ok" list that I might not have. Goodies that tied into holidays cuz even though we might get to eat with members for those special occasions it meant more to have my family remember me during those times.
    English/Spanish dictionary. Maybe send him some water cleaner tablets depending on where he is in the country that might help.
    Anything written(or taped)with encouraging words because missionaries can get awfullly homesick.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would send along a lot of family pictures. Maybe some board games, cards, not sure what a mission is exactly but hope this helps! Oh and maybe some easy recipes if he's going to be doing any cooking for himself.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• bacterial soap, hand sanitizer, family momento's, an extra copy of the bible, biscuits and jelly for the plane ride, anything that helps with organization, a translator(pocket sz; if not fluent in spanish), and your love and support!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• There may be rules about what they can have. They are supposed to live very simple lives. Chile is a long country with very different living conditions. I think it would be best to contact his mom and see what she says.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would send him this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svfxSscxh8o&feature=player_embedded

Then maybe he would stop wasting HIS time and all of the poor Chileans time too!

Please watch it and then tell me there is ANY truth to the book of Mormon.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• those inserts for shoes, the cushy ones, dr scholls, those will def. help. Big package of tic tacs and gum. magazines.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Gah why cant people just stop?
    It is their religion!
    What happened to freedom to worship?
    I just wanted some tips and advice not people to leave rude comments and people to bash the mormon religion.
    Again I ask does anyone have self control on here?
    This post is not a debate on the mormon beliefes it is a question on what to send a young man on mission.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• proudmomma777 I didnt even think about that! Thanks.
    I will have to get his show size LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

• Blueliner, who cares if theres any truth to the book of mormon. I dont believe in it either, but the lady is asking what should she send him, if you dont have anything to add then just skip the question. you people make me sick. I dont like the mormon religion but i'm also not God, so i cant sit here and pass judgement.

OP, send em some blistex also.
    Anonymous

• lol, no prob. when i go out in service my feet tend to hurt also. he'll appreciate it, lol
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009