STUDENT LOANS:(

I owe so much money on my student loans. It stresses me out almost every day because I want to pay my student loans off and right now I cant. I wish I could get my loan forgiven some kind of way... But I guess thats wishful thinking. Its like I will have this cloud over me for a while :( Is there any one out there with student loans??? I wish I never borrowed any money for school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm right there with you! I was able to find a good job after I finished school but not quite enough to pay my regular bills and a student loan payment. Do you qualify for a economic hardship deferment?
    Anonymous

• contact your loan comapny
    my husband is with citi bank and they gave him a forgiveness grant.
    It gives him a year extra before having to make a payment with no added interest all he had to do was fill out a paper
    Anonymous

• My nightmare
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 6:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Do you have a lot of loans thru different compainies? You might try just making the interest payments. That'll help by the time you have to start paying back the principal balance.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I consolidated mine. Was a pain but now it's all thru one company and dropped my pymnts way way down (from like 350 mo to 90) yeah I'll pay more interest but this is an easier plan for me. And I wasn't able to find a job so I wasted all that money argh!
    Anonymous

• "job with my degree." I have a job just not with my fricking...argh again!!
    Anonymous

• Oh, yes. I'm buried in student loans. But what sucks is DH and I are both in college, so we BOTH have loans. I wish I would have waited until he was out of school before I started, but you know what they say. Hindsight is 20/20.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I have a lot of student loans thanks to grad school and my parents having NO $$ for me to go to college. But...I consolidated and my payment is only $150/ mos. I am not that obsessed with paying them off. I'd rather have a house, car, etc. I make the minimum payment every month and if I never pay it off, well then, so be it. Gov't issued student loans are nil once you die, so the $$ can't be taken from your estate, nor will your kids end up paying them off (you can look it up on www.fafsa.org. Even with a big loan, my credit is about 850! I qualified for a mortgage and am the primary person on our two cars because my credit is so good. Student loans are really not that bad, at least to me!
    Anonymous

• wow anonymous 12:40 I wish I could say the same about my credit score, thats excellent that your credit score is 850 i definately cant say the same for mine. Im proud of you though and at least you can make your minimum payment :)
    Anonymous