dh and i battleing over babysitting...

ok for almost a year now i have been babysitting for a young mom who needed help. i only chraged her 4.00 and hour. so one some weeks i would make 100-120 a week. well she went to the state to get help with childcare and was approved a month and 1/2 ago..i agreed and the state isent paying much i still do 4.00hr but say i only babysit and make 84.00 they send me a check for 23.00 not 84.00. ( we wont mention i have to take out my own taxes and pay a 500.00 fee for "my own bussiness" ) and the mom has to pay 23.57 a week out of her pocket..so she owes me 47.15 right now 2 weeks worth. anyways she has avoded paying me tells me she is comeing to pay me and she dosent show up or call i waited around all day sat and nothing. i called her sun and left a message again nothing. i have always told her any trouble paying talk to me and we will work something out. well its mon night and still nothing and no call back...cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• The next day that you go to sit then talk to her. If she cant pay you on the spot then Id walk out and tell her that you will not return until paid
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i also get up mon thru fri to babysit and there are a few times she didnt drop her kid off for what ever reasons and i have said to just call and let me know i dont like thinking i have him then i realise i dont. and get up for nothing. or arrange doc app around babysitting. well i told dh im tired of this and dont get paid enough to deal with it..we dont need the xtra couple dollars we do just fine it is nice but not a huge need. and dh says i should just deal with it all and just keep watching him. even when i say its gonna cost us more come tax time then what i make a week.. i babysat one week a total of 112.00 and again they sent me a check for 52.00. me and dh now fight about it..one mins hes like screw it dont babysit then the next day hes like u should..what do i do? or say? im annoyed all the time now.
    Anonymous

• Money is not the issue. If you are helping her out then she needs to respect you. If she is having a hard time then she needs to go to you and stop avoiding you. Id sit down with her and make a payment plan. Give her about two weeks and let her know that thats all you can give her to help her out. You need to address the lack of communication and let her know that if she is not dropping the kids off then she needs to call. Im sure you have things you could plan on those days. Invite her over or out and talk about these issues. If she cant open up and be decent then wish her luck and move on
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• There are times where we need to be selfish and it seems shes doing that. Id do the same if I were you.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• And def consider the taxes your paying for somone else. Thats truly what it is. If this was a business then youd be getting paid and have no problem paying the taxes. Why should you not get paid the full amount AND pay taxes too? Is there a way to contact the state and let them know whats going on? Maybe they can pay you more or take this money out of her pay?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• thank u. i have told her a few times just call me as soon as u know i dont have toddler..( like on monday ) she wont and will call me monday at like 930am after i already know i dont have him.and i have told her its just a phone call..she has done this MANY times. not 1 or 2 3 times but a dozen times. even my dh is like she should just call...duhhhh. i babysat all last week and the week before and she owed and i reminderd her she is to pay what state says ( there not offering free childcare ) and again its 23. a week. she owes for 2 now. but as normal i will be there or todler will be there and nothing..i have said comunacation is # 1. my dh says well shes 22 she dosent understand yet...i said no xcuse its common curtisy to call and tell someone anything. and i have told her that before. i hate waiting games and palying the i wonder if he will show up today. or i wonder if im gonna get paid. is she gonns call..work with me
    Anonymous

• i did call the state last monday with a few questions ( women was so RUDE) and asked how much they pay she just said we only pay a precentage..i said ok how much..depends..on what..what u chrage..i said 4.00 hr.. and i asked why when i sent in the form for 112.00 i only recived 52.00 and asked is the mom supose to pay what u guys didnt...no. umm ok so she is to pay the 23 a week.....its sometimes more or less...she didnt just answer anything she was rude and huffy i was annoyed and just said thank u have a good day...click... me and dh read the paper again... and he says she pays the 23 a week out of her pocket. i was dealing with that..even knowing i was being screwed but helping a young mom out. i have been there but i paid who ever needed to be paid and i call when ever i felt i needed to. and would call if i had a question.
    Anonymous