Why is it when I am in a bad mood my toddler clings likes crazy???

I love him but he is driving me nuts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter age 3 does the same things. it makes me so mad. i tell her bella mommy doesnt wanna talk right now. then i feel all extra bad. I think maybe she is just doing what she always does and i notice it more when i'm aggervated. same with you??
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 6:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• He senses your mood and it makes him feel on edge. Mine do the same thing.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My 2yo does the same thing. I also agree that it may be soemthing you notice more when aggrivated. I also think they sense our mood and want us more because they feel uncomfortable
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I think they know something is bothering us; and the only way they know how to comfort us, is how we comfort them at that age: hugging, kissing, holding. we see it as them wanting us, but its not that, they just want to be for us the way we're there for them!!! thank you for this question, because seeing it and reflecting on my relationship with my 4 kids ages 9-3, it just dawned on me!!! we need to be more open to them and there thoughtfulness!!! accept it instead of thinking; " i just don't need this right now!", because maybe just maybe they do know what we need!?
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• my almost 4 yr old does the samething...im in a bad mood and just need time and he will come up to me and say hug mama...i gie him hugs but i sometimes feel god i need 5 more mins..so when dh gets home im like omg what a horrid day and of corse lil guy was up my bum.
    Anonymous

• ladyd6280___ thats sweet. does make u think....awwwww weres my son i wanna hug him. (:
    Anonymous

• You can put your toddler in a carrier when he is clingy.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• He wants to make you feel better!
    Anonymous

• i think it is a toddler thing..mine does that I think they know you are not in a good mood and not feeling that great and they want to make mommy feel better and be in a happy mood..they know when you are in a good mood and the cling you are happy to be with them and they must think it will work when mommy isnt in a good mood..=)
    robsgurl_23

Answer by robsgurl_23 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2009