I am 23 weeks pregnant and no movement today.

I am 23 weeks pregnant with a VERY active little boy. The last week he has not stopped moving for five minutes it felt like. It was constant movement whether it be kicking or what not but today I have not felt him... He's not movin around, no kicks... Should I be concerned or am I just being paranoid??

JalynnMarie407

Asked by JalynnMarie407 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The bigger they get, the less they move....not much room to move momma! ;)

But I was told this tip and it worked for me.

Lay on your left side and eat plain chocolate....relax with no noise or interruptions...the chocolate should stimulate the baby to move and being on your left side very still will encourage movement as well ;)

And if it doesnt work, then you get to rest and eat chocolate ;)

Not a bad test I'd say. If you are still worried by tomorrow call your Dr, you may get a free ultrasound to ease your fears. Good Luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No not really. Try to get him to move around, drink some coffee. If you are still concerned and haven't felt any movement for many hours I would call your doc and see what you should do.
    Anonymous

• I honestly wouldnt stress too much
    he might just be resting, having a growth spurt...etc
    and because he's so small you dont start kick counts until 27 weeks so your LO should be fine.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I felt that way also! Im 32 weeks pregnant & my baby is verrrry active, then somedays, not so much. I talked to my midwife about this, and she said it's perfectly normal! The baby is just growing. Or he could be sleeping. The bigger baby gets = less room in the belly for baby.
    Call your dr & ask to make sure though!

Plus, try laying on your left side.
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• neither. you know you have an active baby and didn't feel it move. That's a perfectly legitimate cause for concern. when you say he didn't move, do you mean like not even the tiniest twitch? because I would agree that perfectly still would be cause for concern. At the same time, think of a regular person. We have active periods and resting periods. We don't always move. And we certainly are still/resting after being active for a stretch of time. I would never blow a woman off who said this was going on, but as long as there was any kind of movement, I would chalk it up to your baby needing a break after all that bouncing it was doing. Otherwise, call the hospital you're delivering at and let them know what has happened. You aren't a mom until you've had one or two trips to the maternity ward well before you're due :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Thank you to all who answered. At about 8:50 pm I called the OBGYN on call and explained what is going on. I am on bed rest due to some pulled muscles they are concerned about so I was really worried when I still hadn't gotten anything. And to mrs_pulley no nothing at all, which is what concerned me so much. But the dr. said to drink a glass of COLD juice (apple or orange) and then lay on my left side for an hour, if no movement to call back. After 40 mins of laying there, I thought I felt him move. Heck I had to have DH check just to make sure I wasn't imagining it, LOL. But he is moving and I have an appt wed so if he doesn't pick back up then I'll have them check then. Thanks again ladies.
    JalynnMarie407

Answer by JalynnMarie407 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2009