Why do I keep feeling extremely dizzy?

I keep feeling really dizzy. Sometimes even when I turn my head I get dizzy. I can't even think. I feel really out of it and I don't know what's causing this. I drink lots of water and I eat healthy. I also take my prenatal vitamin so what can be the cause of this? I'm 18 weeks and 4 days pregnant by the way.

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this for three months. The drs never really did anything for me. They just said keep taking your prenatals. It was miserable. It was just vertigo. I had to lay down or else the room would slowly start to spin and I'd get sick. I couldn't even handle tv shows in color- I watched AMC! I would definintely have a fit if my OB ignored that now. But when you're that disoriented, you're just thinking about laying back down at ther dr!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Have you had your blood tested recently? Have you got any problems with iron deficiency?

That is exactly how I felt when I was anemic during pregnancy - iron supplements really helped.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I had the same issues, they tested my blood and come to find out I was anemic, they put me on iron pills and I haven't had anymore dizzyness - Check with your Dr. Good Luck
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• The same thing happened to me around the same time. I would get vertigo from turning my head too quickly while I was driving to see if I could switch lanes - it was awful. I was tested for anemia, but that wasn't it, my OB said it was probably just hormones. I wore seabands & that helped.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I have also heard is have something to do with blood pressure, but not anything you can do. I had dizzy spells as well to where I would start to almost feel sick, I'd feel almost like I was going to faint if I didn't sit right away. It would last for about 5-10min. I noticed that carbohydrates like a granola bar would also make my chest feel racey too. Since other people are saying that's how they felt when they had pregnancy anemia I would ask your doc about this.
    Anonymous

• I had the same issue, and it was blood sugar. Low blood sugar, I mean. Try to eat often and drink some fruit juice or some other natural sugar and see if that helps. It makes a HUGE difference for me!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Make sure you are eating a well balanced diet. DON'T SKIP MEALS ! trust me I learned the hard way when I was pregnant with my son. Also, you have to remember that your body is going through a lot of changes right now, and your blood flow is decreased a good bit because of the increased flow to your uterus and to your baby. Lastly, check to see if your blood count is low (iron) if so, then you should take a iron supplement, per your OB/GYN's request. Rest on top of it all.
    1SuThErNmOmMa

Answer by 1SuThErNmOmMa at 3:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2009