Would it annoy you to play middle "man"?

DH ignores his cell when his Mom calls. Really his whole family, cuz they only call when they want something. Never "hi how ya doin" its "I need you to do this", or "Grandma asked me to do this, so can do it?" so he doesn't answer. Its mostly his Mom. She'll call the house if he doesn't answer. Then my cell. You'd think she'd take the hint that he's busy or doesn't want to talk. Heck no! We look outside and here she comes flying down our road 90 miles an hour on her broom...I mean, in her truck... insisting that her boyfriend needs his help with something a blind folded monkey could do. I always end up getting grilled on why he won't call her back. I ask you, would it be that hard for him to say, "No, I'm sorry but I'm busy?!" GAWH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. MIL calls my cell phone first. She doesn't even bother with the home phone or my husband's phone. I just answer all questions about why he doesn't use the phone with "I don't know." She knows her son. He's not going to use the phone.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I feel ya.... I would just tell your husband that your tired of being in the middle and tell her that you are not going to be in the middle anymore. If she calls again or tries remind her of what you said.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Honey join the club, I have that type of family too. No how you doing, or how are the kids, just can I, will I, or can I have? I would ignore calls from them too because it get to be annoying after a while. Its not being the middle man, but just being supportive of the situation and you both need to let them know that it stops here.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• LMFAO about the broom! Sister, I'm in total agreeancy with ya! My SO's mother is the same way!!! (and his ex wife!) Neither of them ever stop to think that we have a life that doesn't revolve around them and their problems!!!!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009