Breatfeeding and bottle feeding? She hates the bottle...HELP

My daughter is 5 months. Iin the last week when I've been away from her (luckily it has only been for 1 feeding not multiple in a row) she will NOT take a bottle. My husband, my mom, my mother in law and sister in law have all tried. She just gets mad and pushes the nipple out of her mouth with her tongue. She was awesome at switching back and forth, I was even away for a weekend and she was bottle fed the whole time. Should I try a new bottle brand? Or try a new nipple with a faster flow? Someone told me at 6 months I could try a sippy cup? If I have to solely breast feed so be it, with the flu season this year I'd rather have a problem getting her to take a bottle then her liking the bottle too much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try a cup right now. No need to wait. I'd switch o the cup immediately. You'll need to take the spill proof valve out. Caregiver tips the cup, baby sips the milk.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My kids were able to handle sippies about then. I say try it.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You could try the sippy cup, or when my kids wouldn't take a bottle I bought them the bottles that use the bags. They loved those and only those! Hope this helps!
    Deskenzijaxen

Answer by Deskenzijaxen at 9:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i had to bite a hole in my lil ones nipple.try the soothie bottles at walmart(there the same as the hospitals. i had to feed my baby from me and then hurry and put my nipple in her mouth.i would try a different bottle. mabe it isnt coming out fast enough for her. have u tried suckingout of it to see if its hard
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• she's not gonna starve if she skips a meal or two- she'll just be mad as all get out. personally, i would not give her a sippy cup, i doubt it's a slow flow issue. she just prefers the breast! I'd EBF (exclusively breast feed) and if you need someone to watch her, provide the bottle, when she gets hungry enough she'll take it. Also, she could have been wet or poopy when they tried to give it to her, and my son will not take a bottle unless he has a clean diaper. Strange, yeah I know, lol. But she's not going to starve for missing a feeding or two, so long as the milk is THERE and being offered, then she'll be just fine.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 2:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2009