Why must everything be hijacked into the pet issues of certain groups around here?

A perfectly normal kid has a meltdown on a plane, and someone insists on hijacking the question into an autism rights issue. A mom asks about feeding her kid and a BFN is there in minutes to call her a horrible abusive mother for not bf'ing for 18 months. Don't they have special groups where these people can go whine about their little hang ups? Why must everything be turned into a question all about them, no matter how much they have to stretch to get it there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ".I thought BFN was Breast feeding Nazi "

If I do nothing else, I'll get people to use the correct terminology.

"Militant Breastfeeding Cult."

Answer by gdiamante at 7:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Ummm...BFN means Big Fat Negative....just trying to keep the abbreviations straight. I do udnerstand what you mean, though. (Heck. My issue is grammar and accuracy so I'm doing it too!)

And the answer to your question? Because the responders are human beings. No more than that.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• ...and wouldn't you know I mistyped "understand." Because I can't type worth a darn.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• lol..I thought BFN was Breast feeding Nazi
    Anonymous

• It is, and really, they are a big fat negative, so either works.
    Anonymous

• I agree....it does become irritating, especially when they put such "heat" into the words they post.
    I saw a new mom ask an innocent question about when she should start feeding her child cereal and there were attacks abound from several women who jumped on the bandwagon about how wrong it is to add it to bottles, to use it to make a baby to sleep through the night, and how poor in nutrition it is. These posts were so attacking in nature that the poor new mom felt her question was misunderstood.
    All I could imagine was these women standing around a grocery store with their picket signs and verbally attacking people for buying baby cereal.
    There is a nice way and a not so nice way to get your point across. Some women just haven't found the nice way yet.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I feel cafemom is for anyone who need to vent. If you can't take the heat, GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!!!!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

That's what your journal is for. Try looking it up in the dictionary some time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009