How hard id it to actually leave your SO? I need some advice!!

I have been going back and fourth on wether to leave or stay? My SO verbally is abusive and I have tried to talk and show him how I feel but he just makes me feel like I have done something wrong. He constantlly turns stories around. For example, when I got a babysitter for our baby for the night we started at a house party and a friend of mine called. I went to meet with my friend and I told him not to drink much just in case he would have to drive to meet us. I called when we made our plan and he had already been drinking and states he cannot drive and get very angry at me because I did not come back and pick him up. He ended up ruining my night and kept me up all night just yelling at me. Then just left the next day and told me I was not going to ruin his day. He did not show up till later that evening. No call or anything! I dont know what to do. I dont want to live like this anymore but I am unsure if I should leave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Ask yourself this. Is this the way you want your child to be?

If not, then LEAVE.

No, it will not be easy. Nothing worth having is easy. But verbal abuse often turns to physical abuse. So get out, or lock him out depending on who has the lease or deed to where you live. But get away from him. Staying is slow suicide.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• life is too short, why waste it on someone that makes you feel that way? we often rethink things because of finacial reasons or because were comfortable with the way things are, and were afraid of starting somethig new, b ut in teh end everything always works out the way its supposed to, so dont be afraid of teh unknown, make teh choice that will make (you) feel at your best!! best of luck to you!
    kassynkayla

Answer by kassynkayla at 7:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You have a selfish brat on your hands, and those my friend are not the ones I would take up with. Yell back, shout back, call him crazy, don't let him do all the screaming. Let him know how childish he look.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• You have to ask? You know what you need to do.
    Anonymous

• If I could go back in time and change one thing I would have left sooner. I waited until my son was two because I wanted to "make things work" and my son is the one who suffered because of it. Leave now. Don't waste your time. He won't change.
    Anonymous

• it wasn't hard for me after awhile i realized i hated living my life with him the way it was and realizing it wouldn't change. that the only thing i could change is me being in it. so i left. i fina;;y decided i wanted to be happy and i was without. he'll just keep breaking you down. why stay? men are to be accepted for who they are as they can't be changed. so either you accept him or not. if not leave. i know you'll be happier in the long run. so don't waste time wondering anymore.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2009