Stomach pains?

I was feeling kind of crampy in my lower back earlier today around 1 this afternoon. Now for the past couple of hours, I've had this pain right in the front of my belly, like braxton hicks, but constant...why? 38 weeks & i lost some of my mucous plug earlier today also, that was when the cramping started.

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No offense, but are you seriously on here asking that question? Sounds to me like you might have an on start of labor if you are experiencing small contractions and you know you lost your mucus plug. Call your doc or the hospital and speak with a nurse.
    Anonymous

• yes, i'm seriously asking this question bi-otch! i've never been in labor before & it doesn't hurt THAT bad, so a questions really that hard to answer?!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Are you on here waiting for answers or have you called the hospital? Contractions don't start out hard and and painful labor isn't fast. Sounds like your body is telling you something here.
    Anonymous

• wow interesting answers you got so far.. honestly I would wait around relax a little get things ready see if they go away.. take your time sorry but this early in labor they might sent you home.. just take your time to get your things in order and then go and see what they say... you might just be getting there today or tomorrow
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 9:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• thank you, miss nevin - that's the kind of answer i was looking for. i honestly wasn't sure if it could be early signs of labor or whatever, being as this is my first pregnancy. i also didn't want to call/go to the hospital, because i know they would just send me home. thanks, again.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It does sound like the beginnings of labor. I'd call the hospital, take a shower and relax, you will know when you NEED to get there.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009