does your baby like tummy time

my daughtet just doesnt like being on her tummy

momofthree622

Asked by momofthree622 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son never really seemed to enjoy it a lot. he would rather play on my lap. from birth he was supporting his weight on his legs. he never really did tummy time but he held his head up really good and sat up by 6 months, crawled by 7, and walked by 10 months
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• mine never really liked it. he would just spit up, no matter how long it had been since a feeding. eventually he learned to roll over and loved that!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• No, mine didn't. Try propping her up on some blankets or the Boppy pillow with some toys in front of her or even with you sitting in front of her make faces and talking to her even for just a few short min. She'll get better about tummy time over time but I wouldn't worry about it right now. No need to upset her.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends how early you start it. If you start it around 3 weeks the baby will like it bcuz they are used to it. A older baby will prob hate it. It depends.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• They came up with "tummy time" with the "back to sleep" campaign. If your baby spends a lot of time in your arms, in a sling, not on its back then you don't have to worry about tummy time.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My kids were both tummy babies, they both hated being on their backs lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My daughter HATED HATED HATED it. We had to pretty well keep her on her tummy for as long as she would handle it. Then give her a break for a few mins and do it all over again. She had a condition called torticollis (twisted neck) and had to have as much tummy time as she would do (no ifs ands or buts) to work on getting her neck untwisted.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2009