Do you dye your hair?

I have thought about it but my husband likes me the "natural" way. I have very dark hair, light skin and hazel eyes and I have considered changing it to a dark cherry red. My husband says he thinks he would like it but he really likes it the way it is.

Do you dye your hair? If so, what is your natural color and what is the current color? Do you find it costs alot to keep it up? Does your husband/partner prefer it natural or do they like it dyed?

presleyfan1

Asked by presleyfan1 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

•  

I liked this color.

presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I do now,,,,,I started getting overrun with Grey hair! And I am only 30!!!!

I buy a shade lighter than my natural shade which is a light brown with blonde highlights.

My dh would love for me to go platinum blonde. So sorry honey...not happening ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My hair is very dark. I color it light brown with lots of blonde highllights. Its expensive to keep up. I like it though.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i like that color in the picture you posted. i've been dying my hair purple since march. my natural hair color is like a medium brown color. my husband liked my natural color, but he said he does like my hair purple too. for me its not too expensive to keep it up because i have a friend of mine help me touch it up every couple of months and that saves me money.
    julianasprotege

Answer by julianasprotege at 8:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My hair is naturally red.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• ..since age 15! the few times my dh has seen my 'natural' color, it still had to be chemical, since i now have advancing grays...he's not surprised to see any color change, though. he married a stylist/colorist..it was sort of in the marriage vows!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• my natural color is chestnut. i am olive toned with dark brown eyes. i have dyed my hair blone, tropical burgandy, red, and chocolate cherry, black(once, never again because it took forever to get out). when i want to look softer i go blonde - reddish blonde, when i want to be different i go for darring color, but when i want to be me i go back to the chocolate cherry, but thanks to the blonde dyes it reddens after 2 washes!!! the man i was with loved it(as long as i wasn't seeking attention else where!). do what makes you happy; would he listen to you if you objected to something he wanted to do or wear!? if he does then respectfuly do the same; but if not do unto him as he has done unto you!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• He just walked by and I showed him the picture again, and he's just like "ok" but I know he prefers it the way it is. He also doesn't really like when I cut it either..when we were first got together seven years ago it was very long and I swear he wants me to always look like that! Part of the reason I haven't done it yet is I don't know if dyed hair is really me- if that makes sense?!
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• LOL, I have NO CLUE what my original hair color is SERIOUSLY. I have been coloring it years. In high school I colored it brown with blonde highlights, later on I moved to red and now I am at auburn with red highlights. My hairstylists says that the color I am at now is fairly close to my natural hair color. My Husband has never seen my natural hair color and in all honesty does not really notice when I color it. To me, when my roots start to show, my hair color looks old. I am definitely going gray.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My hair is being dyed naturally. It's been doing that for the last 13 years and I'm 33.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2009