Soy Isoflavones

I just recently read that some women were taking soy isoflavones to help with their menstrual cycles and ovulating and i was wondering if anyone knows about these and has had any luck or knows of someone taking them.. i have been reading about them but it really doesn't say to much and i am unsure of when to start taking them cause it says different days. really confused.

Traci1979

Asked by Traci1979 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• For what it's worth, I had trouble with my estrogen levels in the follicular phase (from period to ovulation). Your estrogen levels need to rise as the follicles grow and ripen. One of the things I tried to help boost my numbers was eating soy-based foods. They are estrogenic. I believe this is why they don't want boys to eat too much soy. My numbers did go up when I tried it. I didn't use a supplement, just got it from foods. I stopped at ovulation, if memory serves. This was while undergoing IVF.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• iv heard of that. unfortunately i am allergic to soy :(
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009