Why ??? ARG!!!!

For the past 4 months my son has gone to bed no problem, now he's in the new phase or whatever of screaming for me, I go in there and he's more than fine, he's grining at me! so clearly he is testing me and trying to get me in there, he has a late enough bedtime but I end up having to go in there up to 6-7 times and it can take up to 45 minutes. I have no problem with letting him cry it out except during the week my husband works nights so now I have to wait til the weekend but WHY?? why all of a sudden?? Its driving me crazy -

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am not sure how old your son is but you need to tell him ever time he yalls for you the next night he will go to bed 1 hour earlier. If he is to young to explain things to you need to work with him on the weekend and let him yell it out as you said.
    MCNETT_MOM_68

Answer by MCNETT_MOM_68 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yeah, he will be 2 on Saturday or that's a great idea, maybe a future idea for how he is when it comes to sleeping.ugh..!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• What I do with my son is I will lay with him for a min. then I turn him a movie on and tell him to go to sleep. If he gets up again he gets a spanking.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• well, he's still in a crib and he is WAY too active and refuses to sit for 2 mintues to watch anything. I think I spawned the devil..lol!!!!!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Go in there once. Tell him that if he does it again he'll get a spanking. Then follow through.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2009