How many words should my 15 month-old son have?

So far he says Daddy, Mama, ball, block, book, pumpkin, flower, Grampa, night night, please, thank you, all done, apple, peek a boo, that, down, no, yes, cheese, and bye.

What is the average number of words for a baby his age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If I remember correctly they "worry" if a child doesn't have at least 3-5 words by 18 mos so I'd say your lil' guy is in good shape!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 9:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• wow he says all that!! My baby doesnt say those words. He says wow and mama dadda doggy up ouch and that's it. your baby is doing pretty good. My daughter said alot of words like that but i was rushing her to be a big girl. I don't want julian to grow up. I decided it's not a race anymore. It was such a raise when i was younger. I wanted my babies to grow up and be so so smart. I'm horrible julian still has a pacifier and a bottle. OMG i've turned into one of those parents!!!
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I have no idea! Lol! Neither of my boys such much beyond daddy, mommy, and d-di (our dog) at that age. Both were slow to talk.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• id say ur baby is advanced i know at 18months they should be saying at least 15 words. my little one will say a word clear as day and do it while she says it,but u can never get her to say it again.i dont know what her problem is,lol.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would say he is doing just fine! I think they get worried if they dont know at least 5 words- he sounds to be doing great though! :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2009