my husband loves my son's hair. I hate it and have wanted to cut it. He says NO i cant cut it. He pissed me off so i shaved my sons head. Is it wrong?

It's not that i took it out of my son. He looks way better with that mop off his head. My husband is so controlling and everything has to be his way. It actually felt really good shaving my sons head. Like freeing. Is that strange? Does it make sense to anyone? I finally did something even though he said no. I feel much better now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds like there's a lot more control issues than just a fuss over a hair style. Get to the bottom of it before it really gets out of hand.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 3:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I hope your son isn't upset about it.... I know what you mean about the feeling of freedom but maybe you should have gone a different route? A nice little boy haircut is okay, but shaving his head?
    Anonymous

• Wow yes you are very wrong. If my husband did that I'd divorce him. You sound like the controlling one!!! Who really mattered in this situation was your son. Did your son love his hair? You did something horrible to piss off your husband and start a fight and involved your child and hurt him too. Disgusting. Shame on you.
    Anonymous

• He is under one. It's not all the way shaved just really short. he has a afro before. a nappy messy afro! I hated it and he hated and cried when i brushed it. He is happier now I think. No more sweaty nappy hair.
    Anonymous

• he is under 2 sorry not 1
    Anonymous

• Ditto this

Wow yes you are very wrong. If my husband did that I'd divorce him. You sound like the controlling one!!! Who really mattered in this situation was your son. Did your son love his hair? You did something horrible to piss off your husband and start a fight and involved your child and hurt him too. Disgusting. Shame on you.
    Anonymous

• Sounds passive/aggressive to me.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• He seems happier now that i cut it. No more sweating, no more crying to get it brushed. He is a boy he didnt need a big afro making his head look huge. I am glad i did it. I shouldnt have done it to get my hubby back. I should have just done it because it needed to get done. My son is mixed so a shaved head is the style.
    Anonymous

• Sorry you got bashed so much, I see no problems as long as your son is happy.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Passive-aggressive behavior for sure...not to mention a bit childish. What a GOOD wife you must be.
    Anonymous