how short/long was ur hospital stay after delivery?

mommyofacarter

Asked by mommyofacarter at 9:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My deliveries were quite a few years ago, and I stayed about 3 days, but this was a bit unusual because one baby was premature and for the other I was nursing and they wanted to make sure all was well. My DIL's both stayed 24 hours.

Answer by Bmat at 9:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• they like to keep you for 24 hours, as long as everything is okay.sometimes less if your going great. i stayed about 24 with my 1st and only 12 with my second.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• After each delivery I was discharged from the birth center after 6 hours, but wanted to get some sleep so they let me spend the night. (I ended up there 24 hours off the record.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• The hospitals here keep you for 48 hours after delivery. I am only planning on staying 24 assuming all goes well this time.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• 3 days. I had an emergency c section
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I had a c section and stayed 3.5 full days but was allowed one more night. Insurance companies must pay for 48 hours after vaginal birth and 96 hours for a c section. You can be discharged earlier than that if you want. I enjoyed staying several days because once you get home, there's no nurse to come take care of you and the baby, and it's easier to avoid having too many visitors!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I went in on Sunday morning and had a vaginal delivery that evening. We were both discharged Tuesday right around noon.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I stayed for 3 days after having my son due to complications but only stayed 18 hours after having my daughter. They threw a fit because i wouldn't wait the full 24 hours but we were both fine so i did not want to wait. I plan to do the same with my next as long as everything goes well and there are no complications :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• 4 hours with my first and 2 hours with my second, i am not in the US and here it is normal to leave after a few hours.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2009