Does Hoffman represent the people in the district he is running in?

95% of his campaign money has come from outside the district

He is not from the area and can't even vote for himself, why is it OK for him to run there?

Does he really have a grasp of the needs of that specific area?

Is this a disturbing trend in local politics, with parties playing politics above THE PEOPLE??

http://washingtonindependent.com/66153/ny-23-95-percent-of-hoffman-cash-from-out-of-district

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Christ, people....read what I wrote and/or the article I'd linked to. He doesn't KNOW the basic issues that concern his constituency. I'm not assuming shit. He has *shown himself* to be uninformed. That can change, yes....but I question why anyone would vote for someone who clearly does not actually represent them at the time of the election.
    shesajar

Answer by shesajar at 12:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Just hope that the electorate sees him for the sham he is and that he doesn't get elected.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I heard that in 2004 when Allyson Schwartz (D-PA) originally ran, she lived a mile from her district. Heard it on NPR the other morning in a sound bite. They also said Jim Tedisco didn't live in NY-20 where he ran.

The U.S. Constitution requires that a U.S. Senator/U.S. Representative shall "when elected, be an inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen."

Others that I heard are Rep. Robert Wexler (D-FL), Rep. Tim Mahoney (D-FL) 2006-2009 Rep. Nick Lampson (D-TX), and Rep. Christopher H. Smith (R-NJ)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• It is almost like global government on a smaller scale. Not a good idea
    Anonymous

Worried a Dem might night be elected, are ya? lol

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I heard that in 2004 when Allyson Schwartz (D-PA) originally ran, she lived a mile from her district. Heard it on NPR the other morning in a sound bite. They also said Jim Tedisco didn't live in NY-20 where he ran. The U.S. Constitution requires that a U.S. Senator/U.S. Representative shall "when elected, be an inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen." Others that I heard are Rep. Robert Wexler (D-FL), Rep. Tim Mahoney (D-FL) 2006-2009 Rep. Nick Lampson (D-TX), and Rep. Christopher H. Smith (R-NJ)

Allyson Schwartz (D-PA) I remember this, I am from PA....so what is your opinion on it?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. It meets the requirements in the Constitution. I imagine, if he wins~ he will buy a house in the district..  If he is truly the Conservative he says he is and he is a successful business man, I have no doubt he will do what is needed to attempt to get this nation to a more fiscally secure state.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• ^^^^^ Didnt Hillary do this?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• , I have no doubt he will do what is needed to attempt to get this nation to a more fiscally secure state

His job will be to represent his district not the nation. That's the problem, he has an eye on something else. Same with Mrs. Clinton when she ran for New York, who didn;t know she was really biding her time for a BIGGER run?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• ^^^^^ Didnt Hillary do this?

LO>.I just added an answer with her in it! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2009