Wondering why my dog is deciding to start this now and why???

So we recently moved in with my mom until our new house is ready.. Durning the day while we are at work the dog stays in our room, which is very normal for her.. She always has a puppy pad to go potty on just incase and latly she has been taking her puppy pad and putting it into her water dish... Or she will put other things in her water dish my panties, my socks and then put the puppy pad on top... She is almost 4 years old and haver NEVER done anything like this or even chewed anything up.. Anyone have any ideas?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pets

• Maybe because it's a different place she's not used to her surroundings. Maybe try taking everything up off the floor except for a chew toy/bone her pad and put the water across the room.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Yep. I agree with MrsLeftLane. Dogs can be sensitive to changes in their routines or environments. Moving in with your mom probably threw her for a loop. I wouldn't expect for it to get better until you've settled into your new home. In the meantime, you're going to just have to really puppy proof that room or it's going to keep happening. Unless you want to try crate training her, but some people prefer not to. Crate training worked really well for us though.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My hubby was in the military and we moved several times. Everytime our dogs would act strange until they got used to their new environment. Dogs also take time to get used to new people. With one of my dogs it took her a couple months. Just give her lots of love and reassurance. Spend time with her when you can and maybe walk her around the yard and neighborhood so she can see that it's ok. Has she always had a puppy pad or is that a new thing for her? If it's new she may not understand it or may be upset because she can't get outside to go potty. Good luck to you, I think she will adjust and get better with time.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2009