Didnt know were to put this..... but i dont have any freaking heat

My heat is not working it was fine earlier! i live in a apartment complex an they wont come out to fix it til tomorrow cuz they turn their pagers off at 8 so we have no way of gettin ahold of anyone! i have a 5 3 an a 5 wk old an idk wat to do! we are all gonna sleep in the living room! my 5 an 3 yr olds can just cover up wit lots of blankets but idk wat to do for my 5 wk old! anyone have any ideas on how we can stay warm its suppose to be in the 30s tonight? o yea we cant go ova anyones house because we dont have car

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• did you check the breaker? i worked recently as an apartment mananger. check the breakers. The hot water heater prob tripped.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would snuggle that baby right up with you. I coslept with my son until he was 5 months and It kept us both toasty. If you are worried about his safety with cosleeping, stay awake. Gotta keep that baby warm. By the way, even though it may seem counterintuitive, a great way to get the baby's body temp up is skin to skin contact. Undress him to his diaper, and hold him to your chest under a robe or button shirt, then layer on a couple blankets.
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Do you live in Mass?? You said freaken!! I am from mass. I am sleepy. I hope the breaker works. good luck.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• do you have a washer/dryer in unit? if so, throw some wet towels in the dryer and unhook the vent to let the hot air into the room. itll be kinda humid but warm. you could also turn your oven on and open the door. :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Lol im in maryland! breaker is ok! idk wats wrong op
    Anonymous

• dial 911 . i think it's against the law to turn the heat off or to refuse to fix it when thier are minor age children in the home. good luck.

binker55

Answer by binker55 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• If you have a space heater use that. With the five week old just have em sleep next to you. sorry
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I agree with undressing the baby and cosleeping. Just be aware and maybe lightly doze instead of all out sleeping. Unless you are used to cosleeping. We did it for years with our son and it was fine. Don't turn your oven or dyer on though as they are supposed to be vented and can cause a build up of carbon monoxide I think.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009