how many ounces should my baby drink?

I have a 7 and a half month old son. And he wants a bottle like every 2 hours on the dot. I was thinking the older they got the less often they needed/wanted a bottle. Is this normal. Oh and he gets a 5 oz bottle. I didnt know if I am suppose to be replacing a bottle with something else or what? He also get 3 meals a day, and usually a snack either before or after dinner. Thanks in advance

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 9:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try giving him more in his bottle. My sons were both drinking 8 oz. at least by that age. Every child is different. I would see how much he will drink if you give him a second bottle.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• My DS at that age (and currently) was having 8-10 ounce bottles One in the morning when he woke up(at 5:30 or 6) then he has breakfast (7 or 8) then a bottle for nap time then whatever for lunch then a bottle for 2nd nap (sometimes I'll substitute for juice in his sippy) then we'll eat dinner and a bottle at bed time. Plus snacks in between. I know this sounds weird but I let my some graze all day, I take his tray from his swing and put different snacks in it and he just eats what he wants. At 7.5 months its fine that he still has formula maybe when you give him a bottle make a bigger one and start to give him juice in between then you can slowly bring it down to 3 bottles-ish a day.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I would give more in each bottle as well. 5oz isn't very much.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• some babies eat less often the older they get, some don't. Mine is almost 6 months and still eats every 2 hours. If he still acts like he's hungry, give him more food! Stop trying to regulate how much he eats by measuring. If he's hungry, feed him, if he's full, he'll stop eating.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 2:48 AM on Nov. 3, 2009