Do you think it is normal for father and son seeing each other 2 to 3 times a week?

Father is 65 and son is 40 years old. How often do you think a normal father and son should see each, once a week, once a month, twice a week, twice a month or more? The 65 yrs old father is healthy and so is the 40 yrs old son. If you happen to have a grown 40 yrs old son, how often do you see him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• What's so wrong with a father and son having a close relationship? My grown mother and my grown sister live in the same house, and see each other every day...ooooooooo sooo weird and freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?????
    Anonymous

• i see both of my parents every day. As long as they have a healthy relationship i do not see what the problem is.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• This is a strange question. A parent and their child should see each other as much as they'd like to. I think it's great that they seem to be close.
    lctmmedina

Answer by lctmmedina at 10:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I see my parents several times a week. A friend of mine sees his dad as often as he can, considering his job takes him out of town most of the month. I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing your parent frequently.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I think that it's great if they can see each other every day. there's nothing wrong with adult children and their parents having close bonds. My dad passed I was 33 and he was 53. Up until that point we saw him every day. My father in law passed away 29 years ago and my brother in law was 34 when his dad died (his dad was in his 50's) and he saw him every day until he died.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• I think that its great they are so close and see eachother so often. I would see my parents just about every day but due to being a military spouse im not able to see them often. But i talk to them every day. Shoot i talk to my grandma every day. its not a bad thing that they see eachother so often. You should be happy about this. There are so many parents who are not in their childs life at all. At any age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Absolutely normal for a father and son relationship their ages have nothing to do with it, neither do their health status.

Answer by older at 8:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• there is no answer to this question. everyone is different and has different circumstances. Some life far away and can't see each other but once a year or longer. Some live close by and still only see each other on holidays. Some live with their parents. Some make it a point to visit monthly. etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Sure, why not if it works for them? My eldest son is only 24 right now...so he's still busy and about and I only see him about six times per year...but I am hopeful for more in time. For now I don't push it because I realize that he has things going on.
    Anonymous

• your complaining about a child and a father spending time together. Most people should be so lucky. I lived 14 hours from my parents and when my mom was alive I called her every other day for at least an hour and even longer on Sunday. Even if we had nothing to talk about. Count your blessings.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2009