39 weeks pregnant- walked for over 2 hours today- now i'm so sore i can't walk

is there anything i can do?

if i went into labor tonight i would be useless, my legs (inner thighs near groin mostly) are SO sore i can BARELY move.

i felt great while walking (besides my tummy being hard the whole time)

what should i do? bathe? potassium? stretch?

all suggestions welcome

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take it easy the rest of the night. lay down and watch tv. drink lots of water. have your hubby massage your thighs/legs(always worked for me) and drik lots of water. and a hot bath might be great as well. and if your tummy was rock hard the whole time i would say that might mean you're doing too much. try resting alot more now that you're really close to your due date.good luck with your lil one!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 10:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• That constant contraction might have been an indication you're doing too much.
    Tonight you should really get a lot of rest, be sure you're really hydrated!
    Fortunately, labor doesn't care if you're body is sore, it can start fresh. But having already been contracting for a lonnnng time is not great.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I figure the same thing happens when you walk when you're not pregnant, but yes lots of water is needed
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• try lots of sex!!! i heard sumthn to do with the thrusting an semen can get u to go into labor or soak in a hot tub but dont over do it !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• sex is not going to make my legs not hurt!! lol that wasn't the question.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Not trying to be rude, but, stop pushing things! What's the rush! Baby we be here when it's time. Don't worry, your body will do it on it's own or the doctor will help. Relax and enjoy the quiet, peace, and rest while you can.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I am not seeing that this mom is trying to induce herself or something~ she looks like she's trying to deal with over doing it while exercising... Maybe I am reading this wrong. ?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• nope definitely not trying to induce anything, i'm due in 5 days anyways. i just wanted to walk, i hear its good for everything. i'm just super freakin' sore now.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Ha!ha! I remember that. Get on the floor and stretch out. Sit on your butt and strtch your legs both ways. Also try having hubby hold your leg up on his shoulder while you lay on your back, that helps. I guess I got the impression you were anxious to have the baby because of all your posts today...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• i just have a lot of questions, all the time, about everything.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2009