is this right???

so Ihear a lot of people saying that you shouldn't sleep on your back when you're preggo. well I just found out i'm expectin my second baby and with my first I didn't sleep on my back at all becuse of hearing this and I didn't get a single great nights sleep the whole 9 months. well I am most comfortable on my back and would prefer to sleep that way, although if there is some real reason that I shouldn't I won't . I was just wondering if this is just something that people say without knowing or is this for real???? thanks for the help

AshleyG.

Asked by AshleyG. at 10:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The medical theory is that blood flows best to the uterus when you lie on your left side and the flow is most interrupted when you lie on your back. You can prop yourself up with some pillows to put your back at an incline (think recliner position) if you are concerned. Everyone's blood pressure is different. it's better to sleep than to worry about "what ifs."
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I think early on it's okay, they worry about it more later in pregnancy....but honestly, I think if you're comfortable that way, go right ahead. if it's not right, your body will let you know.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with sleeping on your back during pregnancy. If there is an issue, you will instinctively change positions or wake up. Don't worry about it!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• I just go ahead and sleep on my back... im 30 weeks preggo and have to sleep on mine my hips are killing me...
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2009