Taking care of my newborn is exhausting me and making me edgy towards hubby! Suggestions??

Trying to juggle the new 24 hr job of tending to baby has left me with seemingly no energy to take care of my hubby... any suggestions on relieving some stress and staying sane?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry, I dont know if there are any suggestions.......I dont have any. But I will be courious to read the ones that are posted.

Ask for help?

Any realitives live close by?

Good Luck Momma!!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• tell him to help you! And make him! lol I remember those days....it wasn't to long ago cause I have a 6 month old now. But when my 2nd son was born it was caos. I slept 0 hours and still had to care for my oldest son and take care of my hubby. Finally I lost it and said that he was gonna have to help out more and do stuff for himself more. (such as pack his lunch for work. Seriously...they have 2 hand too ya know! lol) He did and we were ok.

Good luck!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Just time. The first couple of months can be rough. There were times that I thought my husband wanted nothing to do with me or even the baby some days. Your husband is a big boy and can fend for himself at times. I always did the laundry but when Lydia got here, I had not time to do mine or even his. Now he does his own and washes the towels.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• He needs to take care of you for a while.
    Anonymous

• Tell him you need some help. You need to get some sleep. The lack of sleep leads to exhaustion, mood swings, and even post pardom depression. Even if its during the day theres always something that needs to be done. But take naps when the baby naps. Trust me it helps. Have your hubby or even take the baby with you to a friends house or something. Getting out for a bit will help calm your nerves. Talk to family or friends. I didnt have much help either when my son was born. And even still. My so works and goes to school, and I work full time and trust me I lose it when I have to come home and pick up after him. When I am the only one who cleans. Hope I could help. Feel free to message me if youd like.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Take a deep breath and take things one at a time and pick and choose what needs to get done and what can wait. Start hoping in bed at 8pm or when ever baby goes down. I swear you'll feel better.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• it's an adjustment period, you'll work it out and get into a routine. give yourself some time, it'll be OK :)
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 2:31 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• It just takes time, trust me. My baby is 8 mos and I am just barely learning how to handle it all. Hubby and I both work full-time. Once I leave work, I go pick her up and no matter how exhausted I am, I bathe her, get her things ready for daycare the next day, entertain her, etc. It helps that she goes down for the night around 7 pm, but is it exhausting....WAY more exhausting than I ever imagined. SOmetimes I'm so stressed out that I come home and snap at my hubby and yell about the tinies things. I'm learning to control my stress and to lighten up, but when you are so exhausted, it's hard. Someone told me this will be the hardest part of our marriage and I can totally see that. It took me this long to get used to it, when she was a newborn I was just lucky to be able to function at all! It gets better, esp once they start sleeping. All I can say, is to take one day at a time, realize you're in this together, and
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2009

• have a sense of humor about it, otherwise you will go crazy! Good luck mama!
    danielp