Really need answers..........

My 4yo son was diagnosed with swine flu today his ped. is out sick this week so i took him to a clinic nearby they tested him he was pos. since we have been home his cough has gotten REALLY bad I dont know anyone else that has had this I am so worried I dont know what to watch for or when I should taked hime to the hosp.. any help would be greatly appreciated

jerryswife1275

Asked by jerryswife1275 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You should be able to call the doctors office and ask questions, they usually have someone on call to take emergencies. If you dont get an answer there call the emergency room and ask them what you need to watch for. I think as long as his fever is down and he isnt throwing up than he should be ok until the morning, but it never hurts to talk to a professional!
    shannonre

Answer by shannonre at 11:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• http://www.ehow.com/how_4933047_recognize-symptoms-baby-young-child.html

copy and paste the link, there are symptoms to look for and when you should seek help . hope your lo gets better.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• swine flu is a respritory infection which can cause respritory failure in three days or less. If he cannot breath well or the coughing has gotten worse. TAKE HIM TO AN ER NOW. The fatalities from this disease come from waiting too long.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:43 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• The actual test for that specific virus takes longer than one visit to run. By the time it's been properly diagnosed, most people are already recovered and back to their normal routines.

Run a humidifier to keep the air moist and congestion loose.
    Keep his head elevated.
    Let him cough it out, don't give any cough meds.
    Watch for a spiking fever and difficulty breathing. Keep him hydrated.

Rest and fluids, just as with any other flu virus. H1N1 is no more deadly than the seasonal flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• If you go to "Google" and enter "CDC Swine", it will direct you to a sit with lots of helpful info on caring for a sick person, what to watch for etc. In addition, I agree with previous posters that your doctor's office should still have coverage.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2009