Follow up question.. I have a newborn and I'm exhausted! My hubby gets offended and hurt that I'm not silly and playful with him. What can I do?

I wonder if I just have too high of expectations of what I need to do throughout the day. I want to see my hubby happy but I also want to finish my schoolwork, do the dishes, clean the laundry, take care of baby... My hubby does things around the house and shares in baby caring duties as he's home on paid family leave. But I'm the one stressing and I seem to hurt my hubby when I don't make googly eyes at him. Suggestions on destressing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tell him that you are feeling stressed and why. Let him know that your hormones aren't back up to normal yet, and that if he wants you to get back to your old self, or at least mostly, he's going to have to be understanding and talk to you about what's stressin you out rather than stressing you more.
    Anonymous

• I sugest a warm bath maybe a book after baby goes to bed. Whatever it is that helps you relax a little bit. I still have issues with my so and me being overly stressed and exhausted and my son is 11months. But the book what to expect in the first year is a good one and has all sorts of advice.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• Get help from a friend. When I first had my baby I was exhausted and didnt have any time for my husband. He too took it to heart and it hurt him that we werent the same. I finally called my mom and asked for help. She helped me to house work while my husband was gone.

Then my best friend came over and cooked three nights worth of meals and popped them in the freezer. By the time my husband came home all that was left was feed the baby and put her in the crib.
    Anonymous

• how old is your newborn? A baby under I'd say 4-6 months probably isn't really responding to goofy faces and silly noises yet, so tell him to chill. Good lord you just ejected a human being from your vagina! You need time to heal too!
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 2:14 AM on Nov. 3, 2009