Tips for sleeping arrangements for a Acid Reflux infant?

6mo, currently sleeps in a boppy pillow. It's unsafe and worries me. But I've tried laying her flat but she vomits in the middle of the night (well, refluxes the acid) and she chokes on it. It scares me to death. And so I figure the lesser of the two evils is the boppy pillow. Anyways, I want advice on how to handle acid reflux infants. I've tried a wedge but she slid down to the bottom of her bed- the wedge was too inclined.. How are the other moms handeling acid reflux? I use Similac Alimentum, do not breast feed, and she is on Zantac.

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 11:20 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babywedge.com
    pollywogbaby.com
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2009

• my daughter has the same reflux disorder and when i put her crib mattress up in a incline i rolled up a sheet and put it under her legs and butt and it prevented her from sliding also i had to switch to a different formula cause with reflux she has a lactose sensitivity so she is on enfamil gentlesse that breaks down protiens and is lactose if u need any more answer i can help u?
    also i toke her off the zantac cause it got worse with her on it and have ur baby propped up at all times
    Anonymous

• I think my daughter has lactose sensitivity too, we were on similac sensitive, but her poops were stringy, as if she werent digesting it. Thats why I switched to Alimentum. Do you think the enfamil gentlesse would help her?
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 12:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My sons both have (had) that problem. I ended up keeping them sitting up for 20minutes after feeding and putting a little cereal in their bottle. It helps let the food settle and sit heavier. Gauge slept in his boppy pillow until he started rolling over then I let him lay flat. He would end up on his side. Jax sleeps on his belly. The baby will move itself if its that uncomfy.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:25 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My son actually slept in his carrier car seat, bouncy chair or swing until he was 7-months old. I didn't find that cereal helped and it can also be a choking hazard. Zantac didn't help, so we went on Prevacid. Our doctor said that when my son could roll over onto his stomach, he could sleep on his stomach. The pressure there seems to help with the reflux and reduce the risk of choking. I don't recommend this if your child cannot roll, yet.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 12:38 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• My pedi perscribed prevacid but no where in this city carries it. My DD can roll over but cries when placed on her stomach.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 12:44 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• what about having her sleep in a swing ? my son was in his swing from 6-9 monyhd
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2009