How late is too late?

When waiting for Aunt Flo that is.

I just had a baby 6 months ago and I have an IUD but I'm late. I know I need to pee on a stick but to be honest I'm afraid to.

I can't be pregnant right now. I had a c-section and I can't imagine having a 3 year old a 15 month and a newborn but I don't know if I could handle an abortion either.

I guess this is less of a question and more of a vent of sorts. Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We're in the same boat.. I understand the being totally freaked out thing. I have a 6 month old, and im late... But I rationalized *a few hours ago* that if im pregnant, i'll be pregnant rather I pee on that stick or not. But if I find out now, i can give the baby the prenatal care so it doesnt have defects. and if that stick is negative- im going to have a beer. lol.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 12:57 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• If you just got the IUD it is likely that your body is still adjusting. If it was the hormonal merina (sp? - the plastic one) you may NOT get one at all.
    Anonymous

• If you are pregnant, it won't be the end of the world! Yes, it's soon for child #3 BUT things happen for a reason and everything will turn out for the best. Goodluck!
    Anonymous

• i agree with the first poster- you may have light/late/erratic/NO period at all with an IUD. POAS and know for sure. There is the option of adoption... in fact if you think you'd be interested PM me. I am part of a group that can help you.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 1:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• Thanks everyone. If I'm still late by Thursday I'll POAS (nice acronym BTW) I couldn't adopt either. It would be really hard having 3 kids so young but we could do it. I'd probably be a wreck for a couple of years but I'd get through it.

Thanks for the support. I really needed it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• In case anyone was wondering I POAS twice now and both times it's negative. Still no Aunt Flo but two negative tests.

Maybe it's just stress. It's times like these I wish I had insurance and could go to the doctor and get check out. Thanks for the anonymous ear ladies.
    Anonymous